Made by the Okeya family at the Fujiwara knife works in Miki City, this exceptionally good value range of traditional Japanese kitchen knives are an ideal introduction to the fascinating world of Japanese cutlery. The blades are made in the same way as Okeya Kogatana; laminated shirogami white paper No.2 high carbon steel with a soft iron backing.
They are all single bevelled with a flat or hollow ground back so they are easy to maintain – all the work is done on the back with the blade flat on the stone, one very light stroke on the bevel side to remove the burr and that’s it.
Finished with a simple Japanese magnolia wood handleswith black plastic ferrule.
Set of three includes:
- Ko-Bocho - paring with blade 90mm long
- Ko-Deba - filleting with blade 105mm long
- Ko-Yanagiba - slicing with blade 150mm long
The usual care instructions for Japanese knives apply:
- Always use a wooden or bamboo chopping board.
- Never sharpen a Japanese knife on a steel or pull through sharpener with steel dics, instead use a fine waterstone, ceramic stone or a strop.
- Never use a Japanese knife to cut bones or frozen food
- Japanese knives are designed to slice or mince food, they should never be used with a chopping action like a cleaver.
- Carbon steel and iron, not corrosion resistant, wash and dry carefully after use.
Regular price if items purchased seperately: £77.20
Write Your Own Review
Okeya Kitchen Knife Set