Quercus, a quarterly magazine for anyone working wood by hand featuring a wide variety of subjects including tools, techniques, design and craftmanship past and present.
Quercus is edited by Nick Gibbs, with the assistance of a specialised freelance writers and magazine people and is printed full colour on recycled paper.
Summer 2020 Features:
- Kitted Countersinks - Ethan Sincox studies vintage tools
- Welsh Stick Models - Rudy Everts' John Brown tribute
- The Innovation of Chairs - John Brown v John Makepeace?
- The Titanic Challenge - Richard Arnold makes a handrail by hand
- Wycombe Windsors - John Mayes visits UK'S chair capital
- Tensioning a Backsaw - How to straighten a backsaw easily
- A Lighter Way to Resaw - Robin Gates rips elm to make a box
- Shaping Chairs - James Mursells human chair shapes
- Better Scales - How to use models to design chairs
- Spokeshave Kits on Test - John Lloyd makes two wooden shaves
- Cornish Woodcrafts - Distinctive blue utensils on view
- Designing a Ladle - Drew Langsner on spoon & ladle shape
- Back to Le Shack - Nick Gibbs charts the Quercus journey
- The Master of the Hut - Bill Carter's 1000 plane history
- Greenwood Tools