The original 8105 range of Narex chisels have a few characteristics that differentiate them from other general purpose bevel edged chisels in this price range. Narex chisels are accurately machined, nicely balanced, isothermally hardened, and have the light pointable feel of a proper bevel edged chisel.
Isothermal hardening is much more accurate and even than induction hardening, producing a uniform and consistent hardness of RC59 through the front 75% the blade.
Narex uses Chrome Manganese steel, which was specifically developed for making edge tools using this process. In use it is indistinguishable from other good quality high carbon steels but is particularly nice to sharpen, with excellent stone feel and feedback. The backs are very good, typically only taking a few minutes to prepare.
- Handle: Stained beech with chromed steel ferrules.
- Overall length: approx 270mm
- Blade length: approx 100mm
- The set of 6 includes: 26mm, 20mm, 16mm, 12mm, 10mm and 6mm.
- Supplied in a good quality finger jointed stained beech box with brass fittings.