- The set of 12 includes 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 26, 30, 40 & 50mm chisels
- Overall length: approx 280mm (11")
- Blade length: approx 100mm (4")
- Free Workshop Heaven 12 pocket canvas tool roll
- Regular price of these items if purchased separately: £244.10
The 8116 series of Narex chisels are accurately ground, affordable, Cabinetmaker's chisels with fine edges and close tolerance backs.
Narex forge the chisel blades from Chrome Manganese (CrMn) spring steel and isothermally harden it to produce a very even and consistent bainitic structure at RC59 +/-1. In use, Chrome Manganese steel delivers similar performance to carbon steel but is more efficient to produce.
The 8116 cabinetmaker's Narex chisels have shouldered teardrop hornbeam handles. They will withstand taps from a mallet without the surface becoming marred and uncomfortable to use when paring. The handles are lightly stained to protect the timber whilst retaining its natural feel.