- The set of 6 includes: 6, 10, 12, 16, 20 & 26mm chisels
- Overall length approx 280mm (11")
- Blade length approx 100mm (4")
- Handle: Waxed hornbeam with brass plated steel ferrules
- Supplied in stained beech presentation box
The 8116 series of Narex chisels are accurately ground, affordable, Cabinetmaker's chisels with fine edges and close tolerance backs.
Narex forge the chisel blades from Chrome Manganese (CrMn) spring steel and isothermally harden it to produce a very even and consistent bainitic structure at RC59 +/-1. In use, Chrome Manganese steel delivers similar performance to carbon steel but is more efficient to produce.
The 8116 cabinetmaker's Narex chisels have shouldered teardrop hornbeam handles. They will withstand taps from a mallet without the surface becoming marred and uncomfortable to use when paring. The hornbeam handles are lightly waxed to protect the timber whilst retaining its natural colour and feel. All chisels in this set are fitted with smaller handles, which our customers have found are more comfortable to use than the larger handles.