A shop leather is one of those incredibly versatile items that no workshop should be without. Surprisingly grippy when even slightly compressed, it can be used to assist in all sorts of clamping and work holding applications as well as protecting delicate surfaces from damage.
- Lay it into the vice jaws for improved grip and protection, (or cut it up and line the vice jaws with it).
- Cut it into broad strips for making the most wonderful leather strops.
- Line the jaws of clamps with it.
- Place it underneath delicate workpieces clamped directly to the bench.
- Wrap it over components to protect them from being marred by mallet blows during assembly.
- Set your bench planes and chisels down on it.
- Set up your glass plate for scary sharpening on it.
- Use it as a router mat.
- Lay it over your lap when doing small carvings, spoons etc.
- Wash it in warm soapy water; the more you use and abuse it the lovelier it becomes!
- Natural soft suede leather
- approx 30cm x 50cm +/- 1cm
- approx 2-3mm thick
- Some natural inclusions and scuffs are to be expected.
- Colour may vary.