This Shinwa carpenter's square is stainless steel, hardened to Hv320+, for the perfect balance of stability and springiness. It has a hard, anti-glare, satin chromium finish for durability and high corrosion resistance with the added benefit of easy-to-read large scale marks and no worries about fingerprints.
The special shape of the profile which has a thick corner for strength at this point but has a certain amount of flexibility along the length. The edges are slightly elevated from the work so you can lay out in ink without smudging.
Japanese carpenters squares are flat, they are used in the same way as a framing square, with one leg hung over an edge with its face acting as a stock.
- Scale front long outside: 500mm - etched full mm graduations
- Scale front short outside: 250mm - etched full mm graduations
- Scale back long outside: SS (shaku)
- Scale back short outside: 250mm
- Product Dimensions: Long Branch - 520 x 15 x 1.4mm, Short Branch - 260 x 15 x 1.4mm.
- Squareness: < 0.1mm per 100mm
- Length tolerance: ± 0.2mm
- Hardened Stainless Steel
- JIS B7534
- Made Japan
Shinwa video which shows other ways to use your square.