Quercus, a quarterly magazine for anyone working wood by hand featuring a wide variety of subjects including tools, techniques, design and craftmanship past and present.
Quercus is edited by Nick Gibbs, with the assistance of a specialised freelance writers and magazine people and is printed full colour on recycled paper.
September/October 2022 Features:
- Yesterdays tools today and tomorrow - Thomas Lie-Nielsen
- Joints - how to cut a through tenon for drawers - Derek Cohen
- Sharpening - Germán Peraire makes a special honing jig - Germán Peraire
- Toolmaking - Robin Gates makes his own chisel planes for stopped paring and Justin Emrich tests a Paul Sellers Router Plane Kit
- Gluing-Ups - debating the values of fish glue -Bill Ratcliffe
- Tools - John Lloyd explores the differences between short- and long-handled paring chisels, while Robin Gates remembers the classic Eclipse ‘multi-tool’