Quercus, a quarterly magazine for anyone working wood by hand featuring a wide variety of subjects including tools, techniques, design and craftmanship past and present.
Quercus is edited by Nick Gibbs, with the assistance of a specialised freelance writers and magazine people and is printed full colour on recycled paper.
September/October 2021 Features:
- Toolmaking Special
- The Better Good Joint - charimaker and tutor Jeff Lefkowitz on how to build strong chairs.
- Choosing Planes - Scott Wynn lists the trio of wooden planes he recommends for surfacing.
- Cleaving Ambitions - Robin Gates makes cleft ash tent pegs and beechwood tensioners.
- Bowl "Pole" Turning - Michelle Mateo on her love of producing bowls powered by a bungee.
- Irresistable Learning - Encouraging early years woodwork.
- The Secrets of Sawing - John Lloyd on Japanese and Western saws for cutting tenons and more.