Quercus, a quarterly magazine for anyone working wood by hand featuring a wide variety of subjects including tools, techniques, design and craftmanship past and present.
Quercus is edited by Nick Gibbs, with the assistance of a specialised freelance writers and magazine people and is printed full colour on recycled paper.
Autumn 2020 Features:
- Splay No More - Robin Gates challenges the splayed sawhorse with a straight-legged sawbench
- Seating Plan - Mitsuru Hochi on Japanese Paper compared to rush
- Drew Langster's Cuts - ladle carving tips and techniques
- The Cornish Woodsmith - Dominic Pearce on greenwoodworking
- All About Shaving Angles - James Marshall on spokeshave bevels
- Woodworking for Kids - Doug Stowe primes a new generation
- Effects of Grain Direction - Mary May on cut angles
- Meet Klaus Skrudland - the cream of Norwegian chairmaking
- Champion the Lumber Horse - Mike Abbtt on the new shaving horse
- Boxwood & Wood Engraving - Printing blocks & more