Quercus, a quarterly magazine for anyone working wood by hand featuring a wide variety of subjects including tools, techniques, design and craftmanship past and present.
Quercus is edited by Nick Gibbs, with the assistance of a specialised freelance writers and magazine people and is printed full colour on recycled paper.
January/February 2023 Features:
- Bill Carter: The Planemaker
- Voices, People & Places
- Robin Gates: Secretive Dowels
- Dylan Iwakuni: Special Japanese Reports
- Rasmus Vik: Restoring a Nordlöw Axe
- Gary Rogowski: Extract from his book "Handmade"
- Viv Walker:Crafts zig-zag wavy fasteners for an ancient bowl
- Henrie van Rooji: Dealing with Damp
- Curtiss Carr: Life as an Apprenticeship
- John Lloyd: Garrett Hack's Scratchcock
- Scott Wynn: A Trio of Scrapers
- Nick Gibbs: Anne Briggs - how she's done so well
- Robin Gates: Redesigning the 1960's Plane