Buy the Quangsheng 5 ½ and Low Angle Block Planes and get a FREE Quangsheng Marking Gauge, PLUS 3 replacement blades
The 5 ½ Bedrock Pattern Jack Plane takes a broad, shallow shaving, work with relatively straight or pre-machined material and it will deal with small corrections on wider surfaces very efficiently.
A popular choice with students and beginners, it is comfortable, well balanced and if set up carefully makes a sensible compromise if you can't have dedicated try and smoothing planes.
- Precision ground, unbreakable CR40 alloy steel casting.
- Engineered lateral adjuster with guide bearing and brass tab.
- Brushed finish stainless steel lever cap.
The Quangsheng Low Angle Block Plane is a really useful piece of kit and is one of our most popular tools, tend to be among the first tools that people buy, and are a staple of the basic toolkit for most types of woodworking.
Block planes are used for chamfering waste to eliminate breakout, tidying up the ends of boards after cutting to length, and fixing any slight inaccuracies from the earlier stages of production. The short sole makes them the ideal tool for tidying up little patches of tearout and their relatively light weight means that after a while you almost use them without thinking.
- Bronze cap and brass fittings.
- T10 iron hardened to RC60-63.
- Sole Dimensions 165mm x 44mm
- Supplied as standard with the 25 degree iron.
Package deal includes:
- 5 ½ Bedrock Pattern Jack Plane
- 2 3/8 iron for the 5 ½ Plane
- 38deg iron for Low Angle Block Plane
- 50deg iron for Low Angle Block Plane
Regular price of these items if purchased separately: £317.90
The timber used in some of these tools has recently been added to CITES appendix 2. Although it is perfectly legal and above board, the cost of obtaining the licenses now required to ship it outside of the European Union are prohibitive for individual movements. We are therefore only able to offer this tool for sale to customers within the EU.