A great pairing of a Quangsheng No.62 Low Angle Jack Plane with the Rebating Plane at half price saving you over £40. Include the extra blades and get them half price.
The Quangsheng No.62 low angle jack is the Swiss army knife of hand planes, and an excellent choice for beginners looking for a straightforward, versatile, multi-function tool as their first premium bench plane.
It has an adjustable mouth that can be closed up to eliminate snipe in precision work, or opened up for heavier stock removal. Similar in size to a No.5, with its additional irons the No.62 is capable of covering the work of a jack plane, panel plane, high angle smoother in one tool.
- Precision ground, unbreakable CR40 alloy steel casting.
- Low ratio Norris type combined lateral and depth of cut adjustment.
- Brushed finish stainless steel lever cap.
- Fitted with standard 25° iron
- Cherry handles.
- Conforms to British Standard.
- Sole Dimensions 14" x 2⁷⁄₁₆" (355mm x 62mm)
- Blade Dimensions: 2" x 4½" (50mm x 114mm)
The Quangsheng rebating block has the advantage of being able to reach into an internal corner. Think of it as a broad, comfortable shoulder plane rather than a block plane with added versatility and you won't go far wrong.
It pays to treat open sided planes a little more gently than standard ones, particularly when it comes to tightening down the iron.
The continuous U section of a standard plane provides a good deal of its stiffness, making it more important than usual to apply the minimum force necessary to hold the blade in position.
- Bronze cap and brass fittings
- T10 iron hardened to RC60-63
- Sole Dimensions 6½in x 1¾in (165mm x 44mm)
- Bedding angle 12 degrees
- Supplied with a 25 degree cutting iron