The original 8101 range of Narex chisels have a few characteristics that differentiate them from other general purpose bevel edged chisels in this price range. Narex chisels are accurately machined, nicely balanced, isothermally hardened, and have the light pointable feel of a proper bevel edged chisel.
Isothermal hardening is much more accurate and even than induction hardening, producing a uniform and consistent hardness of RC59 through the front 75% the blade.
Narex uses Chrome Manganese steel, which was specifically developed for making edge tools using this process. In use it is indistinguishable from good quality high carbon steel.
- Handle: Natural beech, lightly varnished, with chromed steel ferrules.
- Overall length: approx 270mm (10.6in)
- Blade length: approx 100mm (4in)
The set of 8 includes;
- 32, 30, 22, 20, 16, 14, 8 and 5mm chisels.
- FREE 9 Pocket Canvas Tool Roll
- FREE Narex 825200 Carpenters Mallet 15oz (416g)