The art of accurately hand filing surfaces is a skill well worth mastering. It isn't especially difficult, but once you've got the knack it can quickly develop into bit of a fettling habit. This wonderful set of small, high quality, smooth cut files is ideal for detailed work on metal or wood.
The set comprises:
- 100mm round file, double cut, tapered. Ideal for deburring or opening out holes for a specific fit.
- 100mm halfround file, double cut on the flat side, single cut on the rounded side. A versatile tool for working on larger holes, creating stopped chamfers etc.
- 100mm warding file, double cut both faces, toothed edges, tapered in width, with a very thin blade for widening or extending narrow slots.
- 100mm three square file, double cut faces, tapered in its length. Great for 60 degree V grooves, or removing the bulk when establishing an internal corner.
- 100mm hand file, double cut faces, one safe edge. Perfect for flat work as well as finishing internal right angles and position 90 degree V grooves using the safe edge to work on each face individually.
Each file is fitted with a Holtzapffel pattern English walnut handle with solid brass ferrule.
The set is supplied in a 6 pocket canvas tool roll to keep the files clean and prevent them from rubbing against each other.